I am still perplexed. The grouping shows January Birthdays first with a December header and all remaining in a group with a January header.Most odd.
At 31/08/2016 06:42 AM, you wrote:
Has this been resolved? If so, I think I missed the email.
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 09:29:17 +0200
Subject: Re: [MS_AccessPros] Birthdays Report
OK, that makes more sense! If the day sort is below the group on month, then the records should be sorted correctly.
John Viescas, Author
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
On Aug 30, 2016, at 8:37 AM, Robin Chapple firstname.lastname@example.org [MS_Access_Professionals] < MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
OOOPS! Sorry that Was a typo !!!! It should be 10. All of the other entries return 10. Yes ten.
At 30/08/2016 01:48 PM, you wrote:
- The Month function should return values 1 to 12. It should never return 19! Is birthdate a Date / Time field?
- John Viescas, author
- Effective SQL
- SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
- Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out
- Microsoft Office Access 20 07 Inside Out
- Building Access Applications
- On Aug 29, 2016, at 23:48, Robin Chapple email@example.com [MS_Access_Professionals] < MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
- The month provides numeral 1 for the first group and numeral 19 for the second group. There are no other groups.
- The day gives the day date for each entry.
- I hope that means something to you!
- At 29/08/2016 03:42 PM, you wrote:
- Add a text box to the month gro up header with a control source of:
- Add a control to the detail section with a control source of:
- What do you see when you run the report?
- Duane Hookom
- To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
- From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
- Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 08:24:37 +1000
- Subject: RE: [MS_AccessPros] Birthdays Report
- Thanks Duane,
- I have now done that and the first group shows January as the first month and lists birthdays in ascending order.
- The next group header is May with all the remaining birthdays in random order. There is not another month group header
- What have I missed?
- At 26/08/2016 08:17 PM, you wrote:
- Display the report sorting and group. Then select to group by the expression:
- Then add another sorting expression of:
- You can format the [birthdate] text boxes in your report sections to display whatever you want.
- > From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
- > Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 14:02:03 +1000
- > I have a members database which includes their birthdays. I plan to
- > make a report that groups birthdays on the month an d then sorts them
- > by the day.
- > How do I do that?
- > Many thanks,
- > Robin Chapple
Posted by: Robin Chapple <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (19)|
Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.