The month provides numeral 1 for the first group and numeral 19 for the second group. There are no other groups.
The day gives the day date for each entry.
I hope that means something to you!
At 29/08/2016 03:42 PM, you wrote:
Add a text box to the month group header with a control source of:
Add a control to the detail section with a control source of:
What do you see when you run the report?
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 08:24:37 +1000
Subject: RE: [MS_AccessPros] Birthdays Report
I have now done that and the first group shows January as the first month and lists birthdays in ascending order.
The next group header is May with all the remaining birthdays in random order. There is not another month group header
What have I missed?
At 26/08/2016 08:17 PM, you wrote:
- Display the report sorting and group. Then select to group by the expression:
- Then add another sorting expression of:
- You can format the [birthdate] text boxes in your report sections to display whatever you want.
- > From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
- > Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 14:02:03 +1000
- > I have a members database which includes their birthdays. I plan to
- > make a report that groups birthdays on the month and then sorts them
- > by the day.
- > How do I do that?
- > Many thanks,
- > Robin Chapple
Posted by: Robin Chapple <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (11)|