Jumat, 15 Maret 2013

[MS_AccessPros] Re: Multi-User Access 2003/2007 Database

 

Happy Birthday, drc0369! (Your name? or did your parents have an unorthodox process for choosing their children's names?)

I don't see what the problem is in a user opening the FE on 3 different stations. Each instance would still be unique. And if you use my code for inactive shutdown you can make sure if they open the FE and leave it idle for a specified time it will close itself.

Please don't use a shared FE in a multi-user environment. That's just asking for trouble.

As to hiding your code you can either compile the database as an mde/accde file in which the code cannot be read or put a password on the VBA project (but that is way too easy to crack).

Regards,
Bill Mosca, Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
http://www.thatlldoit.com
Microsoft Office Access MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=C4D9F5E7-BB03-4291-B816-64270730881E
My nothing-to-do-with-Access blog
http://wrmosca.wordpress.com

--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "drc0369" <drc0369@...> wrote:
>
>
> Hello all, I've been gone for a while but it's good to be back. While
> gone my Access skills and VB.NET skills have increase a good bit. I have
> two issus though that I still haven't mastered. Creating a multi-user db
> with login/password access. I know fairly well how to create the tables
> that determine which level of db access each user should have that is
> checked against, but i want to know how to go about it when it's a
> single db that is a split db (front end and back end). Because of the
> intranet set up our department has one shared login, but we can be
> active on three different PC's. I know that using just one front end for
> multiple users can be problematic at times, but for now this is the best
> setup we can have untill it changes.
>
> For that reason, I have three front end db's (DB1, DB2, DB3) that the
> user can use depending on which PC they are on. Tried sifting through
> the previous posts to see if there were any similar posts but found none
> (or I didn't sift deep enough). What would be the best way to tackle
> this? I use to put the password in the vba code as a constant to match
> up against, but of course anyone with any vba knowledge can just go into
> the code and see the password. It's not a critical situation, but it
> just helps to be safe.
>
> And today just happens to be my 44th b-day!
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar