Hello all, I've been gone for a while but it's good to be back. While
gone my Access skills and VB.NET skills have increase a good bit. I have
two issus though that I still haven't mastered. Creating a multi-user db
with login/password access. I know fairly well how to create the tables
that determine which level of db access each user should have that is
checked against, but i want to know how to go about it when it's a
single db that is a split db (front end and back end). Because of the
intranet set up our department has one shared login, but we can be
active on three different PC's. I know that using just one front end for
multiple users can be problematic at times, but for now this is the best
setup we can have untill it changes.
For that reason, I have three front end db's (DB1, DB2, DB3) that the
user can use depending on which PC they are on. Tried sifting through
the previous posts to see if there were any similar posts but found none
(or I didn't sift deep enough). What would be the best way to tackle
this? I use to put the password in the vba code as a constant to match
up against, but of course anyone with any vba knowledge can just go into
the code and see the password. It's not a critical situation, but it
just helps to be safe.
And today just happens to be my 44th b-day!
| Reply via web post | Reply to sender | Reply to group | Start a New Topic | Messages in this topic (1) |
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar