Troy-
It sounds like you have two tables (B and C) that are related many-to-one to
Table A. A query will be updatable as long as you "walk down" a single
one-to-many tree. But if you include two legs of the tree, then you get a
Cartesian Product of all the rows in B and C that are related to the current row
in A, and that's not updatable.
John Viescas, author
Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
http://www.viescas.com/
(Paris, France)
------------------------
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Troy Sherven
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 11:54 PM
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Join / table issue - Can't edit data
I have 3 tables in my DB. Table A has Job header data (on record per
job). Table B has job process detail data (multiple records per job).
Table C has job status date information. These tables are joined by
job_number. When I write a query and join tables A and B (by
job_number), everything works fine. My data is displayed accurately,
and I can modify data as needed. When I add table C to the query
(joined by job_number), my data displays accurately, but I can no longer
modify any data through the query view. Any idea why I can't modify any
data (in table A, B, or C) in the query view when I add table C?
Thanks,
Troy Sherven
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Jumat, 01 Juni 2012
RE: [MS_AccessPros] Join / table issue - Can't edit data
__._,_.___
.
__,_._,___
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar