Minggu, 03 Juni 2012

Re: [MS_AccessPros] modal form

 

Crystal- thanks for the quick response!

This whole thing is kicked off by a button click on the calling form. Then 4 calls to the data entry form to fill in four separate fields on the calling form. Since it looks like I'll have a hook to the calling form programmatically per the below, it sounds like this should be doable. I am concerned about the cancel button. I'd like the user to cancel out at any point (at any of the four calls to that form).

Of course now that I have typed this, I'm realizing that it should be just as easy to take care of that for the same reasons as above. I'll give it a shot first thing tomorrow. Thanks again!

Mac

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 3, 2012, at 7:35 PM, Crystal <strive4peace2008@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Mac,
>
> on the OPEN event of the popup form, the ActiveForm will be the one you are coming from and the ActiveControl will be the control you just left
>
> you can use the TAG property of each control for the caption of the popup form
>
> if this is not clear to you, post some examples of controls you wish to monitor:
>
> Name:
> ControlSource:
> Data Type:
>
> will any of the controls be comboboxes?
>
> ~~~
> use the OK button to write the contents to the activecontrol reference you created in the form OPEN event ;) then close the form
>
> use the CANCEL button to just close the form and do nothing
>
> Warm Regards,
> Crystal
>
> Learn Access on YouTube
> http://www.YouTube.com//LearnAccessByCrystal
>
> *
> (: have an awesome day :)
> *
>
> ________________________________
> From: Adam MacKenzie <amackenzieus@yahoo.com>
> To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Sunday, June 3, 2012 2:43 PM
> Subject: [MS_AccessPros] modal form
>
> All-
>
> Does anyone have any experience in using modal forms for data entry? I have a
> form (bound to a table) used for the majority of user input/calculations, but
> there are a few fields I'd like to more closely manage user input/data flow to.
> I've created another form not bound to any specific table that contains a label,
> text field and OK/Cancel buttons. Code for data entry would fire up this
> unbound (and modal) form multiple times: each time I'd need to change certain
> items: caption of its window and the text in the label. Would also need to be
> able to have the user input from the text field returned and available to the
> code on the calling form (and ultimately some fields on that calling form).
> Being able to capture whether the user has selected OK/Cancel would of course be
> critical as well.
>
> After my own mental resources were exhausted, I googled away for a bit and have
> tried the various methods I've found...but currently to no avail. I feel like
> I'm close, but thought I'd send a plea for help to this group. After watching
> the forum for the past few months, something tells me someone on here has the
> silver bullet answer I'm looking for.
>
> Help please?!
>
> Mac
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar