Minggu, 03 Juni 2012

Re: [MS_AccessPros] modal form

 

Hi Mac,

on the OPEN event of the popup form, the ActiveForm will be the one you are coming from and the ActiveControl will be the control you just left

you can use the TAG property of each control for the caption of the popup form

if this is not clear to you, post some examples of controls you wish to monitor:

Name:
ControlSource:
Data Type:

will any of the controls be comboboxes?

~~~
use the OK button to write the contents to the activecontrol reference you created in the form OPEN event ;) then close the form

use the CANCEL button to just close the form and do nothing

Warm Regards,
Crystal

Learn Access on YouTube
http://www.YouTube.com//LearnAccessByCrystal

 *
   (: have an awesome day :)
 *

________________________________
From: Adam MacKenzie <amackenzieus@yahoo.com>
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 3, 2012 2:43 PM
Subject: [MS_AccessPros] modal form

All-

Does anyone have any experience in using modal forms for data entry?  I have a
form (bound to a table) used for the majority of user input/calculations, but
there are a few fields I'd like to more closely manage user input/data flow to. 
I've created another form not bound to any specific table that contains a label,
text field and OK/Cancel buttons.  Code for data entry would fire up this
unbound (and modal) form multiple times:  each time I'd need to change certain
items:  caption of its window and the text in the label.  Would also need to be
able to have the user input from the text field returned and available to the
code on the calling form (and ultimately some fields on that calling form). 
Being able to capture whether the user has selected OK/Cancel would of course be
critical as well.

After my own mental resources were exhausted, I googled away for a bit and have
tried the various methods I've found...but currently to no avail.  I feel like
I'm close, but thought I'd send a plea for help to this group.  After watching
the forum for the past few months, something tells me someone on here has the
silver bullet answer I'm looking for.

Help please?!

Mac

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar