John,
Thanks for the reply, I have uploaded a screenshot of how my relationship looks; it is in 2_NeedAssit named ScreenShot
By the way I have your book but did not think to look and see if it possibly has something on this.
--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "John Viescas" <john@...> wrote:
>
> Danny-
>
> What you have is a BOMP (Bill of Materials Processing) problem. You need one
> more table:
>
> T_Assemblies:
> AssemblyID
> AssetID
> Asset_Qty
>
> The Primary Key will be the combination of the first two fields. AssemblyID
> will contain the AssetID of the "assembly" - a pileline section, for example.
> AssetID will contain the AssetID of one of the component parts, and Asset_Qty
> will contain the number of parts indicated by AssetID that are contained in the
> asset that's in AssemblyID. When this table is filled in properly, you'll have
> a Bill of Material - the main asset and all the component assets and their
> components, and so on.
>
> John Viescas, author
> Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out
> Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
> Building Microsoft Access Applications
> Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out
> SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
> http://www.viescas.com/
> (Waco, Texas <yee haw>)
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of dannyb
> Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:21 AM
> To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Table relation to it's self
>
> I have a problem with the DB I am building for our terminal, a couple of things
> first
>
> I am a novice
> I am using Access 2007
>
> I thought about using a BOM method but I'll see what you all think
>
> My tables
>
> I have several such as
>
> T_Category:
> CategoryID
> Category_Name
> - give a very general category such as Electrical, Pipeline, Tank, Valve ...
> with this table I can divide the assets up.
>
> T_Category_Sub:
> Category_SubID
> CategoryID
> Sub_Name
> IS_Assemby (yes/no)
> -this is a secondary breakdown of the category - breaker box, breaker, air
> valve, product valve, steam pipeline, product pipeline, additive tank...
> some of these are an assembly of items such as a breaker box will have numerous
> breakers, a pipeline will have numerous valves and that is why I put IS_Assembly
> (Yes/No) in this table.
>
> T_Assets
> AssetID
> Category_SubID
> Corp_Number (txt type)
> Manuf_Number (txt type)
> -All assets have a number or name even our pipeline section (return line,
> reciept line, green line, yellow line). A pipeline will break into different
> sections so each section has a name. A pipeline section will have numerous
> valves and the valves have pressure relief valves around them (the pressure
> relief valves are normally 5 in number and each group is named)
>
> I have no problem as far as naming everything but how do I get the item
> together.
>
> yellow line has 9 valves and the yellow line is part of tank T58-125 reciept
> line (the receipt line is named RT58-125).
>
> Will I have to have numerous tables to do this.
>
> Thanks
> Danny
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
Kamis, 22 Desember 2011
Re: [MS_AccessPros] Table relation to it's self
__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE
.
__,_._,___
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar