Rabu, 21 Desember 2011

Re: [MS_AccessPros] Percents not working and not able to average

 

Thanks John :-) I wish I had known that earlier. I think I have all sorts of "" in my Iif statements. For some reason I thought that putting Null would not work. :-(

Connie

--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "John Viescas" <john@...> wrote:
>
> Connie-
>
> Yes. Use Null instead of "".
>
> John Viescas, author
> Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out
> Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
> Building Microsoft Access Applications
> Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out
> SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
> http://www.viescas.com/
> (Waco, Texas <yee haw>)
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mrsgoudge
> Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:29 PM
> To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [MS_AccessPros] Percents not working and not able to average
>
> John--Percent is in the Format property of the control bound to Ratio on the
> report. Percent is the only option offered.
>
> I put the =Avg([Ratio}) in a control in the Report Footer and am still getting
> the same message.Could it have something to do with "" being put in the query's
> field where there is the CurrentPrice is Null or 0?
>
> Connie
>
> --- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "John Viescas" <john@> wrote:
> >
> > Connie-
> >
> > Which property sheet? What is in the Format property of the control bound to
> > Ratio on the report? Percent should to it there.
> >
> > As for Avg, you can use that in a Group Footer or Report Footer, but not in a
> > Page Header.
> >
> > John Viescas, author
> > Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out
> > Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
> > Building Microsoft Access Applications
> > Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out
> > SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
> > http://www.viescas.com/
> > (Waco, Texas <yee haw>)
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> > [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mrsgoudge
> > Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:38 AM
> > To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Percents not working and not able to average
> >
> > Good morning. I have a query that computes a ratio of Sold Price to Last
> Listed
> > Price using the following:
> >
> > Ratio: IIf([qCurrentPriceAll].[CurrentPrice]=0 Or
> > [qCurrentPriceAll].[CurrentPrice] Is
> > Null,"",[Sales]![SoldPrice]/[qCurrentPriceAll].[CurrentPrice])
> >
> > On the report I would like it to display as a percentage. On the Property
> Sheet
> > the Format for the field is Percent. (Percent is the only option given). I
> > select 2 decimal points. An example of the result that shows is:
> > 0.923248053392658 whether it's auto decimal places or 2 decimals. I want it
> to
> > display 92.32%. What should I do?
> >
> > Also, at the top of the report I tried to create a box that displayed the
> > average ratio. The Control Source was set to = Avg([Ratio]). The message
> said
> > that "the expression is typed incorrectly or is too complex to be evaluated
> ..."
> >
> > Thank You!
> > Connie
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar