Rabu, 21 Desember 2011

RE: [MS_AccessPros] Controlling "order by" on Filter by form

 

Connie-

Either put your sort criteria in the query that's the Record Source for the form
or save the OrderBy and OrderByOn properties before applying a filter in code
and then re-apply them after setting your filter.

John Viescas, author
Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
http://www.viescas.com/
(Waco, Texas <yee haw>)

-----Original Message-----
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mrsgoudge
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:53 PM
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Controlling "order by" on Filter by form

Currently when I use a filter, the original ordering goes away. I would prefer
it to remain (alphabetical by last name then first name).

Also, I would ideally like to create combo boxes in the header that will allow
the user to choose the sort order (assuming ascending for all) for three
fields--status, yr, lastname, and firstname. Am I crazy?

How would I go about doing this? I do have the filter by form working. I am so
thankful for this place--you even help me when I don't post! I come to ask a
question and it forces me to explain and I often end up finding the solution
myself!

Many thanks!
Connie

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar