I have a problem with the DB I am building for our terminal, a couple of things first
I am a novice
I am using Access 2007
I thought about using a BOM method but I'll see what you all think
My tables
I have several such as
T_Category:
CategoryID
Category_Name
- give a very general category such as Electrical, Pipeline, Tank, Valve ... with this table I can divide the assets up.
T_Category_Sub:
Category_SubID
CategoryID
Sub_Name
IS_Assemby (yes/no)
-this is a secondary breakdown of the category - breaker box, breaker, air valve, product valve, steam pipeline, product pipeline, additive tank...
some of these are an assembly of items such as a breaker box will have numerous breakers, a pipeline will have numerous valves and that is why I put IS_Assembly (Yes/No) in this table.
T_Assets
AssetID
Category_SubID
Corp_Number (txt type)
Manuf_Number (txt type)
-All assets have a number or name even our pipeline section (return line, reciept line, green line, yellow line). A pipeline will break into different sections so each section has a name. A pipeline section will have numerous valves and the valves have pressure relief valves around them (the pressure relief valves are normally 5 in number and each group is named)
I have no problem as far as naming everything but how do I get the item together.
yellow line has 9 valves and the yellow line is part of tank T58-125 reciept line (the receipt line is named RT58-125).
Will I have to have numerous tables to do this.
Thanks
Danny
Kamis, 22 Desember 2011
[MS_AccessPros] Table relation to it's self
__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE
.
__,_._,___
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar