Rabu, 09 September 2015

[MS_AccessPros] Re: Job Controller Database

 

Mike


As you have seen, VBA does not run async in these cases. I have found trying to control Access databases using timers and shelling out to other instances to be much more complicated than it is worth. Reliability is a big issue. You will have to continually babysit.

While I've done things similar in Access to what you are doing there comes a time when you have to move up when complexity demands it. Another approach would be to use SQL Server databases. The free version ( I think it's still called SQL Server Express) would allow you to schedule jobs that run independently. You can probably set up sending out an email notice if a job fails/succeeds although I'm not sure it Express has the same feature as Standard SQL Server has. It might be a wise move for your company to invest in SQL Server Standard if this data is critical to operations. 

The good part of all this is that you can still use Access databases as the front end applications for forms/reports/queries/etc.

Regards,
Bill Mosca, Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
http://www.thatlldoit.com
Microsoft Office Access MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=C4D9F5E7-BB03-4291-B816-64270730881E
My nothing-to-do-with-Access blog
http://wrmosca.wordpress.com

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: wrmosca@comcast.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar