Rabu, 09 September 2015

[MS_AccessPros] Re: Job Controller Database

 

I thought it best to send you all some code so you can see what I am attempting to do:

Tried using application objects, which works fine, but will only run the jobs one after the other which would take almost 14 hours to complete:
    Dim dbResLifeTerm As Database
    Dim strPath As String

    strPath = "S:\Student Affairs\Data\DataArchiveDBs"
    Set appResLifeMedTerm = CreateObject("Access.Application")
    appResLifeMedTerm.OpenCurrentDatabase strPath & "\ArchiveResLife_Term.accdb"
    appResLifeMedTerm.Visible = True
    appResLifeMedTerm.RunCommand acCmdAppMaximize
    appResLifeMedTerm.Run "runJobs"
    DoEvents

Then I tried using SHELL, and it gets to the database but sends an error that there is an invalid procedure call:
    Dim strShellResLifeCurrTerm As String
    Dim lngRetValResLifeCurrTerm As Long
    Dim strPath As String

    strPath = "S:\Student Affairs\Data\DataArchiveDBs"
   
    strShellResLifeCurrTerm = """" & strPath & "\ArchiveResLife_Term.accdb"" /x ""mcrRunJobs"""
    lngRetValResLifeCurrTerm = Shell(strShellResLifeCurrTerm, 4)

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael.P.Devlin@Hofstra.edu
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar