Rabu, 12 November 2014

Re: [MS_AccessPros] Portable Access

 

Jim-


What happens if you try to open the copy on OneDrive from any machine?  Does it offer to download it?  And if so, does it auto-update on OneDrive after you close it?

I suppose another solution is to try Office365, but the cost is probably not worth it for one personal database.

John Viescas, Author
Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications 
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals 
(Paris, France)




On Nov 11, 2014, at 11:07 PM, luvmymelody@yahoo.com [MS_Access_Professionals] <MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


Hello all,


I have a database that I enter in my tasks and projects for work. It is a personal database that I keep on my flash drive. I back it up in OneDrive each day after using. I was thinking that there has to be a better way of getting to my database so that has more portability. Something that I could open on my work laptop or my work desktop or my personal desktop or laptop.


I was looking at Azure but that seems a bit much for such a small database. The cost does not seem to be worth the 25 MB footprint. Although it would be nice to learn how to use it. I have SSMS on my work machines and my laptop. But I am not sure how that would keep the Access database portable.


I do not have a web location to store the Access database either. What are some thoughts that the forum users have?


Thank You


Jim Wagner


__._,_.___

Posted by: John Viescas <johnv@msn.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar