Rabu, 12 November 2014

[MS_AccessPros] Re: Autofill billing address from shipping address

 

Hi Karen


I don't know how others have accomplished this, but in roder to not store redundant data (when billing address is the same as shipping) I would add a Yes/No field named something like SameAsBilling to the shipping table. The Billing address is the most important for a business (in my opinion).

Then you would build your report queries and such by joining the 2 tables on the client ID and use an IIF statement as to which address to use. 
SELECT IIf([SameAsBilling]=-1,b.FirstName,s.FirstName) As cliFirstName
FROM Billing As b LEFT JOIN Shipping As s ON
b.ClientID=s.ClientID



---In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, <k2j1203@yahoo.com> wrote :

Hello everyone.  I hope everyone is doing well.  


I need some help, which I think will be an easy answer.  I am trying to have the shipping address of a customer autofill the billing address when the two addresses are the same.  Not all customers will have the same billing and shipping address, though, so I need to be able to type the information in if the addresses are different.  I created two tables, one to capture the shipping information and one to capture the billing information. They are linked by Customer ID.  I have forms set up for both tables.  I have it set up so that when in the customer shipping form, the user can click on a button to open the billing form. When I open the billing information form, I want the user to be able to check a box if the shipping and billing information is the same.  When the box is checked, the billing address will autofill with the shipping address.  


Hopefully I explained what I'm trying to accomplish clearly.


I've been racking my brain, but I'm at a loss as to how to make this happen. 


Thanks.  Karen



__._,_.___

Posted by: wrmosca@comcast.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar