Selasa, 11 November 2014

[MS_AccessPros] Inventory management with access - Inventroy and products table

 

Good morning every one thanks for all the help in advance, this group is always good to me, I appreciate it.

 

I have bought a couple of the books, Access inside out and the one with the inventory application.

 

I am doing a very simple inventory system but I want to make sure I have the right blue print.

 

I have products, raw materials; I need to keep track of quantity on hand, acquisitions and disposals.

 

I have couple of tables: Categories and products.

 

I want to keep track of the quantity on hand for all products.

 

I do want this to be extremely complicated.

 

I have seen in the example in the book about the inventory that a new table called inventory is needed.

 

It looks to me like the inventory table and the products table has a 1 to 1 relationship. Is it absolutely necessary to have it as two tables?

 

Can I just have everything on the products table?

 

I want to use 4 other tables to keep track of everything.

 

1. Acquisitions-Order

2. Acquisitions order line

3. Disposals order

4. Disposals order line

 

I want to program the after insert, update and delete even on the order line tables to either increment or decrement the quantity on hand on the products or inventory table.

 

Is this the right way to do this?

 

Thank you very much for the help.

 

Jorge Muralles

__._,_.___

Posted by: muralles_r12@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar