Bill
All users must have Write/Read/Create/Delete permissions on the server folder. The reason being, Access uses a locking file to control data changes. That file is created when the first user of a session brings up any records in any mode but read-only. You can see the user by opening the .LACCDB (or .LDB for 2003 and older) file in NotePad. As subsequent users go into the database they are added in the locking file. The locking file is destroyed when everyone gets out of the database.
There is a good article explaining all this in more detail at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208778.
Best thing to do is to ask your network guys to create an AD group with those rights and put all your users in that group.
Regards,
Bill Mosca, Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
http://www.thatlldoit.com
Microsoft Office Access MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=C4D9F5E7-BB03-4291-B816-64270730881E
My nothing-to-do-with-Access blog
http://wrmosca.wordpress.com
--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Singer" <Bill.Singer@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> One of the databases that I put together is now on a server. Two users,
> using Runtime 2010 are working on it, or trying to work on it.
>
>
>
> When the user tries to open the database they get this message.
>
>
>
> The Microsoft Access Daatabase engine cannot open or write to the file
>
> "\\Server-HCC\Users\Public\Documents\Beyond Horizons_BE.accdb'. It is
> already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view
> and write its data.
>
>
>
>
>
> I am sure I never caught this because I only worked on one machine at a time
> but I swear that I had the database open from multiple computers and never
> got this error.
>
>
>
> Any idea how to fix this? I have read some web postings but cannot figure
> out what they are saying.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
>
> Bill Singer
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
| Reply via web post | Reply to sender | Reply to group | Start a New Topic | Messages in this topic (2) |
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar