Lee-
Then use the form's BeforeUpdate event. Prompt the user, and if they reply No,
set Cancel = True to cancel the update and then do Me.Undo.
John Viescas, author
Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
http://www.viescas.com/
(Paris, France)
---------------------------
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lee
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 8:51 PM
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Re: Preventing moving to next record with a dirty form
Right, because it saves by default I want a prompt to force them to review
anything they've changed before they move on. A lot of times someone will make a
change, get distracted, then 25 minutes later forget they changed something
(maybe they deleted a field to type something else in) and move on. I want to
force a double check before going to the next record.
--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn Lloyd" <argeedblu@...>
wrote:
>
> Lee,
>
>
>
> I am afraid I don't understand the question then. How can the user navigate
> away without saving the data? By default, when the user navigates away from
> a record, the record is saved before the next record is activated or the
> form is closed.
>
>
>
> Glenn
>
>
>
> <mailto:glenn@...> Description: signature block_OTM
>
>
>
> From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lee
> Sent: June-01-12 1:56 PM
> To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Re: Preventing moving to next record with a dirty
> form
>
>
>
>
>
> Right, I'm trying to prevent them from navigating away without saving. I
> just don't know where to put the dirty check to accomplish that.
>
> --- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:MS_Access_Professionals%40yahoogroups.com> , "Glenn Lloyd"
> <argeedblu@> wrote:
> >
> > Lee,
> >
> >
> >
> > Unless you have something in place that would prevent saving the data, it
> is
> > saved by default as soon as the user navigates away from the record.
> >
> >
> >
> > Glenn
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:MS_Access_Professionals%40yahoogroups.com>
> > [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:MS_Access_Professionals%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Lee
> > Sent: June-01-12 1:27 PM
> > To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:MS_Access_Professionals%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Preventing moving to next record with a dirty
> form
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi,
> > I have a bound form that shows 1 record at a time. I use the default
> access
> > (03) navigation buttons at the bottom of the form allow the user to switch
> > between records. I'm trying to make it so if a user makes changes to 1
> > record and then tries to move to another record without saving, they will
> be
> > prompted to save first, but I can't figure out which event to put "dirty"
> > check in.
> >
> > Thanks
> > -Lee
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Jumat, 01 Juni 2012
RE: [MS_AccessPros] Re: Preventing moving to next record with a dirty form
__._,_.___
.
__,_._,___
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar