John
You said "a spreadsheet of URLs for each item". How is that a one-to-one
relationship?
But as to having a table in the relationships more than once, yes, sometimes you
have to set it up that way, but I'd take a look and see if I've designed the
tables properly. Have you read any articles on Normalized tables? Something
might turn on a light for you.
Regards,
Bill Mosca,
Founder, MS_Access_Professionals
That'll do IT <http://thatlldoit.com/> http://thatlldoit.com
MS Access MVP
<https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Bill.Mosca>
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Bill.Mosca
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of yshopper
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:29 AM
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Tables with Different Relationships
I know it's possible to add a second copy of a table to the Relationship view. I
have two tables that need to have both a one-to-one and a one-to-many
relationship.
The Items table and the Box Number table are the 2 in question. The one-to-many
is self-explanatory; one box has many items. The one-to-one relationship is used
for importing a spreadsheet of URLs for each Item. I did the one-to-one so each
imported ItemID would match the ItemID already in the DB.
I have the relationship setup w/2 copies of the Box Number table and it seems to
work. Is this good practice? I also have to add another relationship to the Box
Number table from the Shipment table.
Thanks for any guidance,
John
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Kamis, 26 Januari 2012
RE: [MS_AccessPros] Tables with Different Relationships
__._,_.___
.
__,_._,___
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar