Kamis, 26 Januari 2012

Re: [MS_AccessPros] Properties setter for ACCDB/ACCDE/MDB/MDE

 

Hi Bill,

it opens, yay!

missing object: mnuBlank
if you did export it, then it has issues.  I am not sure if SaveTofile still works with 2010.  I tested it in the beta and it did not.  I wrote a program a long time ago to store the main form and control properties so a new form could be created from them.  If mnuBlank is a complicated form, I can try to find it.  With all the 2010 backward issues, I need to find it sometime anyway!

 you might want to name your
startup form (frmSetPropMain) with MENU in the name so other people know which one it is.  I always use UPPERCASE for main
forms, or at least part of the name, so they are easy to spot. 

Define database properties on the form Open event of your menu so that if objects are imported, like they just were, the properties get set up ;) I have a module to work with database properties, let me know if you want me to upload it.  One of the procedures is to define properties for cases just like this ;)
was it ok to put your daughter and wife on this page:

http://www.accessmvp.com/strive4peace/SummitPics.htm

I hope so.  If not, I'll fix it

If so, can I label your daughter's name? Is it ok to leave Diane labeled?

Warm Regards,
Crystal

 *
   (: have an awesome day :)
 *

________________________________
From: Bill Mosca

Crystal

The 2007 version is uploaded to the Utilities section. Can you check to make
sure it opens in 2007?

Thanks a bunch, Crystal.

Regards,

Bill

From:  Crystal

Hi Bill,

I just uploaded an empty 2007 database toFiles >
1_Samples
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals/files/1_Samples/Acces
s2007_BlankDatabase_Jan2012.zip

Export everything your app needs.  Do NOT compact/repair it with 2010.  If you
want to zip it and send it to me, I will do that for you and create an MDE too
if you like -- best to not even open it, in my opinion, with 2010.  I am running
2007.

Warm Regards,
Crystal

*
  (: have an awesome day :)
*

________________________________
From: Bill Mosca

I was sure I used the legacy General sort, but I'll check it again.

Regards,

Bill

From: John Viescas

Bill-

Go back and reread the link you just put up:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/cc907897.aspx

If you create a database in 2010 with the default General sort order, you cannot
open it in 2007.

John Viescas, author
Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
http://www.viescas.com/
(Lahaina, HI)

-----Original Message-----
From:  Bill Mosca

Crystal

Thanks for the kind words. Now I just have to figure out why Duane can't open it
in 2007.

Regards,

Bill

From:  Crystal

Hi Bill,

wonderful news! Thank you. I modified my version of your properties setter,
but I do pass the link to others who are not as savvy ...

For those of you who have not downloaded Bill's Property Setter, YOU ARE MISSING
OUT! This is a great tool and a "must" for every toolkit
Warm Regards,
Crystal

Microsoft MVP
remote programming and training

Access Basics by Crystal
http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peace
Free 100-page book that covers essentials in Access

*
(: have an awesome day :)
*

________________________________
From: Bill
Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Properties setter for ACCDB/ACCDE/MDB/MDE

Due to popular demand, I finally got it in gear and created an open-source
Properties Setter for 2007-2010 file versions as well as older versions.

If you spot any bugs please let me know. I didn't do a thorough testing before
uploading it to our Files>Utilities folder.

If I can do some more testing I'll see if it's ready for my website. Of course,
that stuff is not open-source. You guys are special.

Regards,
Bill Mosca, Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
http://www.thatlldoit.com
Microsoft Office Access MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Bill.Mosca

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar