Sabtu, 25 Juni 2011

RE: [MS_AccessPros] How do I make the query I need?

 

Edgar-

If the user is entering the interval, 183 isn't intuitive. If the interval is
always a number of months, have them enter months instead (in this case, 6
instead of 183), then use:

DateAdd("m", [Interval], [ServDate])

John Viescas, author
Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
http://www.viescas.com/
(Paris, France)

-----Original Message-----
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
xtintores@yahoo.com
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 5:14 AM
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [MS_AccessPros] How do I make the query I need?

Hey Walter, I got an idea out of your sugestion... You see, a year actually has
365.25 days, that's why every 4 years feb has an extra day, so 365.25 divided by
2 is 182.625, meaning I can round it of to 183 and it should work as you said.

Thanks for the light on the matter

Edgar

Sent from my BlackBerryR smartphone

-----Original Message-----

From: "nkpberk" <wgriffin48@mchsi.com>

Sender: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 23:04:58

To: <MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com>

Reply-To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com

Subject: Re: [MS_AccessPros] How do I make the query I need?

Edgar;

6 months is (on a non leap year) is 182.5 days based on the average month being
30.466666 days long. Use 182 or 183 days for your interval,run some tests to see
which is most accurate and test a few leap year dates as well, This should be a
bunch more accurate.

Walter Griffin

--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "rivera_vazquez_edgar"
<xtintores@...> wrote:

>

> John,

> I tried it and here is what i get...

> I put the service date as febuary 1st, and the nest service date should be six
months latter (august), I used the 180 as interval but it tells me that the next
service date is in july (31st)to be excact. I figured that its adding 180 days
to febuary first, but the thing is that since febuary has 28 days, it takes me
to the end of july and not august, wich is realy the date needed (six months
latter).

>

> Any advice?

>

> Edgar

>

>

> --- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "John Viescas" <john@> wrote:

> >

> > Edgar-

> >

> > If the underlying field is Date/Time, adding a number of days *will* give
you

> > the correct month in the future. The month display using Format has no
bearing

> > on what's actually stored.

> >

> > John Viescas, author

> > Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out

> > Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out

> > Building Microsoft Access Applications

> > Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out

> > SQL Queries for Mere Mortals

> > http://www.viescas.com/

> > (Paris, France)

> >

> >

> >

> > -----Original Message-----

> > From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com

> > [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of

> > xtintores@

> > Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 1:53 PM

> > To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com

> > Subject: Re: [MS_AccessPros] How do I make the query I need?

> >

> > Ok John, but the problem I see doing it that way is for example, if the
service

> > was done in febuary 1st, and the next service is 6 months latter, and the

> > interval says 180 days, than it would realy show up to be july for the next

> > service date. Keep in mind that both the service date and the next service
date

> > are both formated to "mmm" to show only the month of service scince the
service

> > can be done at any time during that month. This is because the NFPA code
says

> > service should be done every so many months, sometimes monthly. The thing is

> > adding days to a date won't allways give me the right month for text
service.

> >

> >

> >

> > Any sugestions?

> >

> > Sent from my BlackBerryR smartphone

> >

> >

> >

> > -----Original Message-----

> >

> > From: "John Viescas" <john@>

> >

> > Sender: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com

> >

> > Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 08:11:02

> >

> > To: <MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com>

> >

> > Reply-To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com

> >

> > Subject: RE: [MS_AccessPros] How do I make the query I need?

> >

> >

> >

> > Edgar-

> >

> >

> >

> > That is correct as long as Interval contains a number of days. You can
always

> >

> > add an integer value to a date/time to get another date/time value - a date

> >

> > either in the future (add a positive interval) or a date in the past (a
negative

> >

> > interval).

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > John Viescas, author

> >

> > Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out

> >

> > Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out

> >

> > Building Microsoft Access Applications

> >

> > Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out

> >

> > SQL Queries for Mere Mortals

> >

> > http://www.viescas.com/

> >

> > (Paris, France)

> >

> >

> >

> > -----Original Message-----

> >

> > From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com

> >

> > [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of

> >

> > rivera_vazquez_edgar

> >

> > Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:33 AM

> >

> > To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com

> >

> > Subject: [MS_AccessPros] How do I make the query I need?

> >

> >

> >

> > Hello to all.

> >

> >

> >

> > I'm working with my main form but need a little help. The form is called

> >

> > frmCustomerDetail. In this form I have a few tabs: General Info, Contacts,
and

> >

> > Addresses. In the Address tab I have a sub-form using my 'tblInventory',
wich

> >

> > has the inventory found in that specific address, so far so good.

> >

> >

> >

> > Now I need a sub-form within the 'frmInventory subform' using the
'tblServices'.

> >

> > The catch is that the 'tblServices' has the following fields: IdService(PK),

> >

> > IdInventory(FK), ServDate (formated as NOW() ), Service (to identify the
service

> >

> > done to that specific item), Interval (to state how often that item should

> >

> > recieve service, expressed in days), and now I need to make another field
wich

> >

> > takes the ServDate value and adds the Interval value to get the NxtServDate

> >

> > (next service date for that item).

> >

> >

> >

> > Here is what I think I should do:

> >

> >

> >

> > Make a query with all the fields in tblService and add a field in that query
for

> >

> > the next service date. For example: NxtServDate: [ServDate] + [Interval]

> >

> >

> >

> > Is this correct, or is there a better way to do this?

> >

> >

> >

> > As always, Edgar

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> >

>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar