Rabu, 09 September 2015

[MS_AccessPros] Job Controller Database

 

Hello,
I have databases that use form timers to run nightly jobs.  Some of them are being used to gather data into a data mart of sorts.  All of them require an ODBC connection to an Oracle database.  I store my username and password in memory variables when I set the jobs to run.  I have now found out how to store my username and password into local user environment variables, which has made that task easier.

Every time I have to reboot my machine or some event happens that I lose network connection, I have to restart all of these databases, which is now up to 8.

What I would like to do now, is to set up one database as the job controller.  This database would start up all the other databases for me and set the job running, setting up the Oracle connection string using the environment variables.

The problems that I have encountered so far would be that using application objects, I am not able to run the databases asynchronously.  Some of the jobs take hours to run, even after much optimization, so I need to run them asynchronously.

I have tried the SHELL command, setting up a macro in the job database, but I keep getting invalid procedure calls when trying to open the databases. 

The other options that I have found were along the same lines and use SHELLEXECUTE.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Mike D


__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael.P.Devlin@Hofstra.edu
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar