John V.
That is the issue. When I click on debug, the database just closes and I don't get to see what the issue is.
I made the changes you suggested, however, I still get the error.
John F.
--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, John Viescas wrote:
>
> John-
>
> Is there a Debug button on the error message? If you click that, it should
> tell you which statement is failing.
>
> Also, I don't like using CurrentDb to open a Recordset. You have a Database
> object declared - why not use it?
>
> Set db = CurrentDb
> Set rsAlwaysOpen = db.OpenRecordset("tblKeepOpen")
>
> John Viescas, Author
> Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
> Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
> Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
> Building Microsoft Access Applications
> SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
> http://www.viescas.com/
> (Paris, France)
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jfakes.rm
> Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:10 PM
> To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [MS_AccessPros] run-time error '91' object variable or with block
> variable
>
> When I open one of my databases normally (not shift enter), when I click on
> the exit access command on the menu, I get a "run-time error '91' object
> variable or with block variable."
>
> I finally figure out that it has something to do with a form I use to
> maintain a permanent connection to the back end.
>
> Following is the code for the form. Note: tblKeepOpen is a linked table in
> the backend used to maintain the connection.
>
> Can someone please explain what I've done wrong here?
>
> Option Compare Database
> Option Explicit
> Dim db As DAO.Database, rst As DAO.Recordset
>
> Public rsAlwaysOpen As Recordset
> Private Sub Form_Close()
> rsAlwaysOpen.Close
> Set rsAlwaysOpen = Nothing
>
> End Sub
> Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) 'Set rs =
> db.OpenRecordset("tblKeepOpen", dbOpenDynaset)
> Set rsAlwaysOpen = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("tblKeepOpen")
> End Sub
>
> John F.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
| Reply via web post | Reply to sender | Reply to group | Start a New Topic | Messages in this topic (4) |
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar