Phucon
Yes, It's a bit confusing. You have to understand that Access is one of the few applications that will allow part of a transaction to go through while allowing some rows to fall out. SQL Server would never allow that. If there is one bad record or one violation the entire transaction is rolled back. That's much safer, but it is also rather frustrating for an old Access developer like me. That's why I ALWAYS watch the RecordsAffected number.
Bill
--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "saigonf7q5" wrote:
>
> You are right, I found some records with that primary keys have already been entered. I felt the message that Access spat out can confuse people. Don't you think? Thanks Bill.
>
> Phucon
>
> --- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Mosca" wrote:
> >
> > Phucon
> >
> > Is it possible that 8 records violated primary keys because they were already in the table? I guess the only way to check if that happened would be to delete all 138 records and run the query again.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bill Mosca, Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
> > http://www.thatlldoit.com
> > Microsoft Office Access MVP
> > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=C4D9F5E7-BB03-4291-B816-64270730881E
> > My nothing-to-do-with-Access blog
> > http://wrmosca.wordpress.com
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "saigonf7q5" wrote:
> > >
> > > The result of my query has a total of 138 rows. I ran the INSERT INTO query to insert the query result (138 rows) into a table.
> > >
> > > The RECORDSAFFECTED shows 130 records were added
Does mean 130 records have actually been added to the table? Or 138? I checked the table, in fact there were 138 rows were added. Why Access displays a message box saying 130 records were added? What happens to the other 8? Is it because there's error?
> > >
> >
>
| Reply via web post | Reply to sender | Reply to group | Start a New Topic | Messages in this topic () |
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar