Duane
Dunno. I built in in 2010. Maybe that's the problem although I did not use any
2010-exclusive features. I done have 2007 installed so I can't make a separate
build it that one. I'll see if there is something I can do to make it work.
Regards,
Bill
-----Original Message-----
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Duane Hookom
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:40 PM
To: Access Professionals Yahoo Group
Subject: RE: [MS_AccessPros] Re: Securing back-end database - Properties Setter
application?
Bill,
I downloaded your property setter for Access 2007-2010 and attempted to open it
with Access 2007. I get the message "unrecognized database format". Am I doing
something wrong?
Duane
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
From: wrmosca@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:23:27 +0000
Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Re: Securing back-end database - Properties Setter
application?
Rod
I'm working on an upgraded version of the Properties Setter now. If you download
my open source version from our Files>Uitlities and Add-ins folder you can
probably figure out how to upgrade it to an ACCDB file and make some changes to
the code so ACCDE and ACCDB files are included in the common dialog box when
browsing for a database.
If you aren't sure how to proceed you mmight have to wait until I get it
finished.
In the meantime, you could use my code to make your own simplified property
setter.
Regards,
Bill Mosca, Founder - MS_Access_Professionals http://www.thatlldoit.com
Microsoft Office Access MVP https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Bill.Mosca
--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "rodbevill" <desertscroller@...>
wrote:
>
> This may not be the appropriate place for this topic. If not, just let it
drop.
>
> I am currently deploying my split database but want to secure the back-end.
Using Access 2010 and have been trying to use the information from "That'll do
IT" website. Using the information in code samples seems to lock-it down but I
am unable to get back into the database for maintenance. Not sure what I am
doing wrong.
>
> Was going to use the application (Properties Setter) but it is not setup for
2010. Can the 2010 database accdb be rename to mdb extension then use the
application? After which can be reset to accdb extension.
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links
Kamis, 26 Januari 2012
RE: [MS_AccessPros] Re: Securing back-end database - Properties Setter application?
__._,_.___
.
__,_._,___
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar