Yep, that was the problem.
Thanks much!
--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "John Viescas" <john@...> wrote:
>
> John-
>
> I suspect the data type of BibID in the imported Excel table isn't compatible
> with the one in tbl_Items. Try opening the imported table in Design view and
> fixing the data type to match tbl_Items.
>
> John Viescas, author
> Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out
> Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
> Building Microsoft Access Applications
> Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out
> SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
> http://www.viescas.com/
> (Lahaina, HI)
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of yshopper
> Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:43 AM
> To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Import Excel file and Match Existing Record
>
> I need to import an Excel file to my tracking DB and have the imported data
> match one field in an existing table. The Excel files are the first returned
> Items and contains the same BibID as what was shipped. The excel file also has
> other data that I need to have matched with the identical BibIDs in tbl_Items.
>
> I imported the Excel file into tbl_ItemsURLs w/no problems. I setup a one to one
> relation between 2 tables. The BibID fields in both tables are Indexed w/No
> Duplicates.
>
> What would be the best way to go about viewing this information? I tried adding
> both tables to the Query Design grid, added fields from both tables and got a
> "Type Mismatch in Expression" error.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> John
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
Rabu, 25 Januari 2012
Re: [MS_AccessPros] Import Excel file and Match Existing Record
__._,_.___
.
__,_._,___
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar