Rabu, 25 Januari 2012

RE: [MS_AccessPros] have a need to either creat or copy a table BUT it must be a linked table

 

Terence-

I can think of a couple of ways:

1) Import the table to the front end and export it to the back end using
TransferDatabase. Delete the imported table and link the new one.

2) Open the back end database and use DAO to create a new table, copy the
structure, then copy the data.

John Viescas, author
Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
http://www.viescas.com/
(Lahaina, HI)

-----Original Message-----
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Terence
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:58 AM
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [MS_AccessPros] have a need to either creat or copy a table BUT it must
be a linked table

I am working more than usual in a "shared drive" environment. I need to create a
copy of a table, but the table needs to be a linked table.

I delete the content of table tbl_export
I then use VBA to populate tbl_export
Then I would typically use a copyobect as bellow to copy the tbl_export so it
becomes date stamped i.e. tbl_export_dated_2/1/2012

I would typically do the following

DoCmd.CopyObject , "tbl_export" & "_dated_" & Date, acTable, "tbl_export"

But I need to have that table (tbl_export_dated_2/1/2012) as a table in the BE
of a split DB and linked appropriateley.

I have never done this before? I have refreshed links via code before, but never
established a link via code.
any help or point to example would be great.

terence

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar