ty John, let me take the info you have given and do some r&d and test, i may need some more assistance shortl. This is new territory for me.
Thanx
Terence
--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "John Viescas" <john@...> wrote:
>
> Terence-
>
> I can think of a couple of ways:
>
> 1) Import the table to the front end and export it to the back end using
> TransferDatabase. Delete the imported table and link the new one.
>
> 2) Open the back end database and use DAO to create a new table, copy the
> structure, then copy the data.
>
> John Viescas, author
> Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out
> Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
> Building Microsoft Access Applications
> Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out
> SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
> http://www.viescas.com/
> (Lahaina, HI)
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Terence
> Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:58 AM
> To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [MS_AccessPros] have a need to either creat or copy a table BUT it must
> be a linked table
>
> I am working more than usual in a "shared drive" environment. I need to create a
> copy of a table, but the table needs to be a linked table.
>
> I delete the content of table tbl_export
> I then use VBA to populate tbl_export
> Then I would typically use a copyobect as bellow to copy the tbl_export so it
> becomes date stamped i.e. tbl_export_dated_2/1/2012
>
> I would typically do the following
>
> DoCmd.CopyObject , "tbl_export" & "_dated_" & Date, acTable, "tbl_export"
>
> But I need to have that table (tbl_export_dated_2/1/2012) as a table in the BE
> of a split DB and linked appropriateley.
>
> I have never done this before? I have refreshed links via code before, but never
> established a link via code.
> any help or point to example would be great.
>
> terence
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
Rabu, 25 Januari 2012
[MS_AccessPros] Re: have a need to either creat or copy a table BUT it must be a linked table
__._,_.___
.
__,_._,___
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar