I've not followed this group for a few years, as I've done little tech work with Access during that time.
I'm now working on revising an earlier database, and am jumping back here to ask for advice.
The DB is being done for a Woodworking company that makes tables, chairs, beds, cabinets, etc.
in dozens of styles, a variety of sizes and wood types.
The earlier database pulled Tables (made of wood, not data) from incoming orders
and produced production parts lists, based on orders.
The current work is extending this to cover Beds as well as Tables.
I have two similar forms, one simpler than the other.
The simpler form is working as I want; I can't get the more complex form to do the same.
The way I've constructed the Beds data:
Each Inventory Code has associated with it a unique set of values for these four variables:
Bed Type (dozens of choices)Each unique bed is defined as a set of up to half a dozen Modules - a "new" concept for the client;
Bed Size (Queen, King, Single, Twin)
Bed Style (Headboard only, Mattress/Box Spring, Platform, with drawers, etc.)
Wood Code
it is independent of the Wood Code, and found in common sometimes in a wider range of inventory codes -
for instance, the same Headboard Module is found in Headboard Only orders and in orders with various-sized Footboards.
Other modules are Matching Footboard, Low Footboard, Sides/Middle, Drawers, Posts, etc.
The simple form is used to identify which modules need to be defined for a given Type, Size and Style of bed.
The form has Drop-Down boxes to set each of those three values.
There's a sub-form that has one "Active" field, a drop-down to set a value for the Module type,
and three "Inactive" fields displaying the values for Type, Size and Style selected in the main form.
Table tbdModules (I'm naming all bed-related tables tbd...) has four fields - BType, BSize, BStyle, and PcLoc (module).
The above subform uses as data query qrbModSelect [based on table tbdModules - selecting for type, size and style matching the drop-downs].
The fourth field of the query is PcLoc, identifying one of the modules that make up (the set of pieces that match) certain inventory codes.
There's only one field that needs to be filled in to get all values for a new record in tbdModules (given the 3 "pre-set"s).
It's filled in by drop-down named cbxModType. A drop-down is a single action (unlike, for instance, typing a value),
so I was able to use the Event On Change to trigger an Event Procedure:
Private Sub cbxModType_Change()
Me.BType = Me.Parent.cbxBedType
Me.BSize = Me.Parent.cbxBedSize
Me.BStyle = Me.Parent.cbxBedStyle
End Sub
The above works as follows: make a selection from the Module drop-down, and the DB creates a new record in tbdModules.
When I try to do this for the more complex instance, the list of parts that go into each of the modules, I can't get a form that creates a new record in the same manner.
Since it's been years since I've posted, could some kind soul point me to a refresher on posting to the Yahoo common area to share samples of data and form from the database.
Thanks in advance,
Sigurd Andersen
Posted by: Sigurd Andersen <sigurd@solbakkn.com>
| Reply via web post | • | Reply to sender | • | Reply to group | • | Start a New Topic | • | Messages in this topic (1) |
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar