I don't care to use combo boxes on reports. You "description" field should come from a related table. I always include the related table in the record source of the report so I can bind the text box to the description field. I think this is a more efficient solution.
Duane Hookom MVP
MS Access
From: Bob Peterson
You probably have a text box on the report bound to the ID number.
You can use combo boxes on reports the same way you do on forms to control what is displayed. Just change the display width of the bound column to 0" and give the description column the width you want.
Bob Peterson
From: Jessica
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2014 8:19 AM
Thanks guys. That actually seems obvious now. Another question...
I have two fields in my report that are displaying a record ID number instead of the description. One field on my form/table is ControlTypeID and the other is ControlWeapon. The selection made in the ControlTypeID combo box determines what options, if any, are available in the ControlWeapon combo box. These are both displaying as a number, but I want to see the description on the report. The data is displaying the way I want it to in the table, so why is the report showing a number?
Thanks,
Jessica
Posted by: Duane Hookom <duanehookom@hotmail.com>
| Reply via web post | • | Reply to sender | • | Reply to group | • | Start a New Topic | • | Messages in this topic (7) |
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar