Selasa, 02 Desember 2014

Re: [MS_AccessPros] Report building problem

 

Jessica-


Because your report Record Source contains multiple 1-M relationships, you'll get the Cartesian Product of all the Resistance, Control, and Injury records for each ReportID.  So, for example, if you have 3 Resistance, 2 Control, and one Injury record for a given ReportID, you'll get six records (3 * 2 * 1) for that report.  You need to build subreports for each of the sub-types and use just the IncidentReports table as the Record Source of your outer report.

John Viescas, Author
Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications 
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals 
(Paris, France)




On Dec 2, 2014, at 5:02 PM, hobackjessica@yahoo.com [MS_Access_Professionals] <MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Good Morning Access Pros!

 

I'm afraid I can't find my previous thread that led me to this point in my project so I will summarize what I've done so that maybe someone can help me build my report.

 

I have built a database and forms (with much help from John V. and others thank you so much).  My main form has three subforms on a tab control.  Two of the subforms are continuous forms and on one of those I have fields that are visible or not depending on other selections made.

 

I now need to create a report that shows all of the data input into this form/subforms.  I've successfully gotten all of the data from the main form and the first subform into the report - no sweat!.  The information from the continuous form subforms appears to be creating a separate report for each item that was entered in the original form.  Ideally, they will all appear on one report but I haven't a clue as to how to do this - Please Help!

 

I will upload the db as well ("UOF - Copy").  There is information in the database that has been entered for testing purposes - this is all completely bogus information.

 

Thank you all!

Jessica


__._,_.___

Posted by: John Viescas <johnv@msn.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar