Onno-
Question 1: You can't. Access will sometimes use a second CPU if it's doing things in parallel, but a data import is a single task that will use only on CPU.
Question 2: You have to do a Compact / Repair to get the space back.
John Viescas, Author
Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
(Paris, France)
On Dec 3, 2014, at 9:48 PM, onno.knol@pbl.nl [MS_Access_Professionals] <MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Subject says it all. I have a data import that takes quite some time (hours)
Msaccess uses 50 % of one core, how can I make it use of all resources?
A second question. During this import I use a temp table that is deleted after use,
but the used diskspace keeps growing till I reach the 2 gig limit.
Is there a away to reclaim the space without exiting
my VBA import procedure (which I think is needed when you do a compact database?)
Kind regards and thanks,
Onno Knol
__._,_.___
Posted by: John Viescas <johnv@msn.com>
| Reply via web post | • | Reply to sender | • | Reply to group | • | Start a New Topic | • | Messages in this topic (2) |
.
__,_._,___
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar