Minggu, 10 Februari 2013

Re: [MS_AccessPros] Virtual Machines

 


I think its a good habit to go to YouTube and find videos on VirtualBox.
This is how I learned and they can explain the details much better than
texting on a forum. There are so many help videos about VirtualBox that
you won't be at a loss. You'll be surprised. As for using a disk to
install any OS, I usually install them using a disk image file. I have
all my OSs saved as image files. I use a free imager from
http://www.imgburn.com/ http://www.imgburn.com/> In fact you might
want to make image backups of all your software that are on disks. When
you install these programs onto your VirtualBox, you can connect to
their image file. In VirtualBox they will appear as an external CD that
is ready for installation. Check out YouTube about how to do this.

Regards,
SJ

=================================================

--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn Lloyd" wrote:
>
> Perfect!!! I won't be running touch screens so that won't be an issue.
I
> just downloaded and installed Virtual Box and now I need to figure out
how
> to make a bootable DVD. I have a Windows 7 Ultimate Installation disk
but
> the Box just chokes on it.
>
>
>
> Glenn
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Stock
Jock
> Sent: February-10-13 3:04 PM
> To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [MS_AccessPros] Virtual Machines
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Absolutely. I have already installed Windows 8 on one of the
appliances
> and it works perfectly. I don't have a touch screen monitor, so I
> cannot account for that part, but for the most part Windows 8 can be
> configured to look like Windows 7. Either way, it works well. I've
> even installed Android 4.0 on VirtualBox and ran some Android apps on
> it. The best part about it is that it's free.
>
> I may look into the other virtual machine type utilities eventually,
but
> with all the tutorials on YouTube as tech support I'm happy with it so
> far. It's like the ultimate virus protection for your computer, since
> it's completely isolated from your main OS. When I work on files in
one
> of my appliances, I have a link directly to my harddrive so that if
> anything happens to the OVB, my data has been safely placed outside
the
> OVB. You have the internet connection, link to your printer, link to
> your harddrive and you can use an additional monitor. One thing to
> remember about the printer is that the OVB printer connection
over-rides
> your main OS connection to the printer. There's lots more to it that
> you'll discover when you use it. Both the installed version and the
> portable version have discussion forums where you can get tech support
> for specific issues.
>
> Oracle is a company that is well established in the IT business and
I'm
> amazed that they provide this for free.
>
> ===================================================
>
> --- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> , "Glenn Lloyd" wrote:
> >
> > Thank you Jock.
> >
> >
> >
> > Open Source is very appealing to me. Do you know if it is compatible
> with Win 8 as Host and potential Client OS? The site mentions Window
<=
> 7.
> >
> >
> >
> > Glenn
> >
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (17)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar