Rabu, 06 Februari 2013

RE: [MS_AccessPros] Conditional Formating in Access 2010 Web form

 

Correction: You can convert the objects one at a time to "normal" versions, then import them into a new database.

From Jeff Conrad:

" We have a built in feature to save any web object as a client object. No need to recreate everything if the user want to changes these back to client objects. They just have to do it one by one.
See the screenshots and text around page 35 and 36 in the 2010 book. Look at Figure 2-11."

John Viescas, Author
Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
http://www.viescas.com/
(Paris, France)

-----Original Message-----
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Viescas
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:28 PM
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [MS_AccessPros] Conditional Formating in Access 2010 Web form

Art-

Sorry to say, but no. You can import the tables and any non-web forms and reports. It won't even import the web queries. You can rebuild the queries "by hand" by opening both the Web database and the Desktop copy. In the Web database, go to the Immediate window and use:

?CurrentDb.QueryDefs("query name here").SQL

.. one query at a time. Copy the SQL into a new query in the Desktop database and save it. I have no clue why you can't get to SQL view from the UI in a web database nor import the web queries.

John Viescas, Author
Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
http://www.viescas.com/
(Paris, France)

-----Original Message-----
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Art Lorenzini
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:00 PM
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [MS_AccessPros] Conditional Formating in Access 2010 Web form

Now the 1000 dollar question. Can I move any of th objects from my web database into a new client database? Or am I going to have to recreate it all from scratch?

With Warm Regards,

Arthur D. Lorenzini
IT System Manager
Cheyenne River Housing Authority
Wk.(605)964-4265 Ext. 130
Fax (605)964-1070
alorenzini@crhanetwork.org
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."


________________________________
From: Bill Mosca wrmosca@comcast.net>
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: [MS_AccessPros] Conditional Formating in Access 2010 Web form




Art

Until Access web forms support real web stuff like JavaScript/VBScript I'm staying away from them. Even light-weight FrontPage allowed scripting. Too bad, because Access web apps sounded so promising. I'd never have to worry about what version of Office users had or if they had 32-bit or 64-bit.

Regards,
Bill Mosca, Founder - MS_Access_Professionals http://www.thatlldoit.com Microsoft Office Access MVP https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=C4D9F5E7-BB03-4291-B816-64270730881E
My nothing-to-do-with-Access blog
http://wrmosca.wordpress.com

--- In mailto:MS_Access_Professionals%40yahoogroups.com, Art Lorenzini wrote:
>
> John,
> Sorry hearing no once was not evidently good enough for me :). I am starting to be a little disappoint with 2010 web forms. I am probably going to just take it back to a client version in 2010.
>
>
> With Warm Regards,
>
> Arthur D. Lorenzini
> IT System Manager
> Cheyenne River Housing Authority
> Wk.(605)964-4265 Ext. 130
> Fax (605)964-1070
> alorenzini@...
> "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: John Viescas
> To: mailto:MS_Access_Professionals%40yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 12:13 AM
> Subject: RE: [MS_AccessPros] Conditional Formating in Access 2010 Web
> form
>
>
>
>
> Art-
>
> Ah, I was waiting for you to bring up this subject again. It's
> basically not possible on a Web Form. Here's the reply I received from Jeff Conrad:
>
> "That's correct we don't have direct conditional formatting in web forms.
> However, you can simulate some of that functionality on single item
> web forms (not continuous or datasheet obviously) using the form Open
> and Current events and control events in conjunction with the
> SetProperty macro action. See pages 1266-1270 in the 2010 book. Take
> special note of the table on page 1270."
>
> John Viescas, Author
> Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
> Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
> Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
> Building Microsoft Access Applications SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
> http://www.viescas.com/ (Paris, France)
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: mailto:MS_Access_Professionals%40yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:mailto:MS_Access_Professionals%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
> Art
> Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 1:25 AM
> To: mailto:MS_Access_Professionals%40yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Conditional Formating in Access 2010 Web form
>
> I have a web form (navigation form) which is a datasheet. I have
> several fields of which one is Status. I would like to format the DS
> to highlight any row that the Status is "In Use" to green and "In Inventory" is Yellow.
>
> I use to be able to do it with Conditional formatting in the 2007 but
> can I do it with the new navigation form?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Arthur Lorenzini
> Sioux Falls, SD
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar