Sabtu, 09 Februari 2013

[MS_AccessPros] Virtual Machines

 

@Bill Mosca,

I noticed in one of your recent posts that you suggested an external hard
drive for virtual machines. I have been using VMWare workstation for some
time now but had not considered using an external drive for the VMs. In your
opinion is an external drive a better choice than allocating space on the
system drive?

At the moment I am considering buying a Windows 8 box with a 1TB internal
drive. With the price of USB external drives these days, it's not really a
stretch for me to add one or two to the new system's configuration. Would a
5000 rpm portable external drive be suitable for basing the VMs one or would
7200 rpm be a better choice? On the new system I would use USB 3 ports to
connect these two drives.

Would it be a good strategy to use the real computer only to run virtual
machines where I would local all applications? In my current configurations
I run my day to day applications on the main Window 7 system and use the VMs
for testing and older o/s and applications testing.

Right now I have one WD 1TB Passport portable drives (both 5000 rpm) as
supplemental storage and one as backup. I really like these because they are
each about the size of a deck of cards.

I'd appreciate whatever thoughts and insights you would care to share.

Thanks,

Glenn

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar