Selasa, 05 Februari 2013

[MS_AccessPros] Re: Field Input as Text storing as Number in Table

 

Celeste

The listbox probably has 2 columns with the number in the first column and that column having a width of 0. That hides it.

Find out whatever table the listbox uses as a RowSource. Open the form in design view and open the properties box. Select the listbox and look at its RowSource. That will tell you what table or query it is using.

To show the text in a query just join that table or query to your other table on the number field. Then drag the name field down to the grid to display it instead of the number.

Regards,
Bill Mosca, Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
http://www.thatlldoit.com
Microsoft Office Access MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=C4D9F5E7-BB03-4291-B816-64270730881E
My nothing-to-do-with-Access blog
http://wrmosca.wordpress.com

--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "celesteccp" wrote:
>
> Hello:
> In a form the user selects a name from a listbox in a field called "Reviewer". In the form it appears as a text name.
> When I look at the actual table where it is writing to, the name is stored as a number.
> I selected the table and those fields are "TEXT".
> How do I make them appear as text when I do a query? They are appearing as a number?
>
> What do I need to fix? (Confused)
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Celeste
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar