Rabu, 07 November 2012

RE: [MS_AccessPros] Runtime message

I just realized that I neglected to tell you how a .reg file is used. You just double click on the file to merge it with the registry.
I know you said you weren't going this route but I wanted to complete the thread in case someone else needs the info.

Bob Peterson


"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
― Ralph Waldo Emerson


-----Original Message-----
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bill Singer
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:18 AM
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [MS_AccessPros] Runtime message

Bob and acravenrhom
Thanks for your help. At this point, this may be a bit out of my league. I am going to take your information and bring it to someone who will be more familiar with this stuff than me and see if they can help.

For now the users are just going to have to deal with the warning.

Bill Singer

A.T.Group
2011 & 2012 Five Star
Benefit Professional
877-902-8898
Bill.Singer@at-group.net


-----Original Message-----
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert Peterson
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:37 AM
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [MS_AccessPros] Runtime message

You need to create the trusted location in the registry.
The Package Solution Wizard will create what you need.
Alternately you can create the key yourself.

I use a .reg file and merge it with the registry. Following is the contents of mine. Copy and paste into notepad and save it as a .reg file.
(edit the path as required for your situation of course and by all means back up the registry before using it especially the first time you use it) As long as you have the proper permissions on the work station it will merge the info into the registry and you will no longer get the warning.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Security\Trusted
Locations\Location0] "Path"="C:\\Data\\"
"AllowSubfolders"=dword:00000001
"Description"=""
"Date"="10/28/2010 2:49 PM"

Bob Peterson

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

-----Original Message-----
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of agent1of6
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 3:54 PM
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Runtime message

One of the databases that I developed is being used on Access Runtime 2010.
Everything works great except that when the database is opened I get a message..

"A potential Security concern has been identified."

Warning: It is not possible to determine that htis content came from a trustworthy source...


In Runtime 2010 I can not access the Trust Center so I do not know if it is possible fix it so that I do not get this message when the database is opened.

Is there a way to fix this or do I just live with it?

Thanks,
Bill



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links





------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links






------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links





------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
MS_Access_Professionals-digest@yahoogroups.com
MS_Access_Professionals-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
MS_Access_Professionals-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar