Leatha-
Did you have to sign in to the secure workgroup? If so, then any database
you created are owned by the userid you used. You need to "unsecure"
those objects by granting full access to the Users group and / or the
Admin default userID. Once you do that, you should be able to open your
new database from an unsecured default workgroup.
John Viescas, Author
Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
http://www.viescas.com/
(Paris, France)
-----Original Message-----
From: Leatha Johnson <leathaj@hotmail.com>
Reply-To: <MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2012 10:06 PM
To: "ms_access_professionals@yahoogroups.com"
<ms_access_professionals@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [MS_AccessPros] Re: Retrieve data from a user level protected
access database
Bill
Thank you, thank you! I found the workgroup file, and was able to open the
database and import the tables into my new database. How do I now remove
the tables that appear to be related to user-level security
(mSysAccessObjects, etc.)?
Thanks again for your help.
Leatha
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
From: wrmosca@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 21:15:17 +0000
Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Re: Retrieve data from a user level protected
access database
Leatha
Do you have the MDW workgroup file? You will need that in order to open
the database.
Once you have it you need to create a shortcut to the database using the
full path for Access and the /wrkgrp switch. The target line would be
something like this (all one line):
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\msaccess.exe"
"C:\derby\newglsfderby.mdb" /wrkgrp "C:\derby\WorGroupFileNameGoesHere.mdw"
Regards,
Bill Mosca, Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
http://www.thatlldoit.com
Microsoft Office Access MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=C4D9F5E7-BB03-4291-B816-642707308
81E
My nothing-to-do-with-Access blog
http://wrmosca.wordpress.com
--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, "leathamj47" <leathaj@...>
wrote:
>
> I have been asked to revise a database used to track catches in a salmon
>fishing tournament. I would like to retrieve the names and addresses of
>participants from the original access database. I have the user name, and
>the login and password. However, when I try to open the database, or even
>to import from it, I get the following message: "You do not have the
>necessary permissions to use the C:\derby\newglsfderby.mdb object. Have
>your system administrator or the person who created this object establish
>the appropriate permissions for you."
>
> I have the file on my computer, where I am logged in as administrator.
>What can I do to retrieve this data? I am unable to contact the person
>who created the database.
>
> Thanks for all advice.
>
> Leatha Johnson
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links
| Reply via web post | Reply to sender | Reply to group | Start a New Topic | Messages in this topic (5) |
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar