The trend chart is on a report summary page of statistical data and other
charts, so it needs to stay embedded in the existing report unless there's
some other way to do it. I suppose I could produce the entire summary
report in Excel by drawing from a bunch of queries but was looking for an
easy way out. Just call me lazy--or tired. :-)
And you are right. Excel charts are far superior.
James
www.james-mc.com
Words To Live By
On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Bill Mosca <wrmosca@comcast.net> wrote:
> **
>
>
> James
>
> As you've seen, Access has the worst charts in the Office Suite. Why don't
> you just create the chart in Excel and use your query as the source?
>
> Bill
>
>
> --- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, James McAlister <forums01@...>
> wrote:
> >
> > Bill, no I haven't. What I need is the average of the previous value and
> > the next value when one is missing and was hoping for a chart option such
> > as in Excel to automatically interpolate in those cases. What I have done
> > to get this one last chart out before the election is to create a table
> > where I just entered the desired numbers for the two missing days and
> then
> > used a UNION query to join that to my "real" data. Works OK but is
> > admittedly crude.
> >
> > If there's no built in option, at some point after the election I'll
> review
> > my queries and post SQL here to look for specific ways to modify them to
> > accomplish the desired result. This just popped up at the last minute
> when
> > the client wanted to see interpolated on days where no data existed. We
> > used this program two years ago and this year, and he was OK with
> "blanks"
> > in the trend line. I'll get if fixed right later but for now have just
> > forced it.
> >
> > Thanks--and I'll be back in touch!
> >
> > James
> > www.james-mc.com
> > Words To Live By
> >
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Bill Mosca <wrmosca@...> wrote:
> >
> > > **
>
> > >
> > >
> > > James
> > >
> > > Have you tried using Nz() in the queries to force a value if null?
> > >
> > > MyData: Nz([MyField],0)
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Bill Mosca, Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
> > > http://www.thatlldoit.com
> > > Microsoft Office Access MVP
> > >
> > >
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=C4D9F5E7-BB03-4291-B816-64270730881E
> > > My nothing-to-do-with-Access blog
> > > http://wrmosca.wordpress.com
> > >
> > >
> > > --- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, James McAlister
> <forums01@>
> > > wrote:
> > > >
> > > > In Access 2010 I have a trend chart plotting percentage (y-axis)
> versus
> > > > days (x-axis). This all works well except there are a couple of days
> > > where
> > > > there is no data, and there's a break in the trend line. This happens
> > > > because I have my queries set up so as to show all days on the
> x-axis,
> > > even
> > > > when there's no data, and that's the way I'd like to keep it. In
> Excel
> > > > there are chart options (such as interpolate) to automatically deal
> with
> > > > missing data points, but I don't see such in Access.
> > > >
> > > > I'm on a very tight time constraint and am about to add a table to
> put in
> > > > two days of "fake" interpolated data for this one final chart run
> before
> > > > the election tomorrow. That will be OK with the client, but I may
> need to
> > > > investigate a more proper approach later.
> > > >
> > > > So here's my real question now: is there a chart option that I'm just
> > > > overlooking to deal with missing data automatically? And if so,
> where is
> > > it?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks!!
> > > >
> > > > James
> > > > www.james-mc.com
> > > > Words To Live By
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
MS_Access_Professionals-digest@yahoogroups.com
MS_Access_Professionals-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
MS_Access_Professionals-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar