Senin, 05 November 2012

[MS_AccessPros] Re: Dealing with missing data in chart

 

James

As you've seen, Access has the worst charts in the Office Suite. Why don't you just create the chart in Excel and use your query as the source?

Bill

--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, James McAlister <forums01@...> wrote:
>
> Bill, no I haven't. What I need is the average of the previous value and
> the next value when one is missing and was hoping for a chart option such
> as in Excel to automatically interpolate in those cases. What I have done
> to get this one last chart out before the election is to create a table
> where I just entered the desired numbers for the two missing days and then
> used a UNION query to join that to my "real" data. Works OK but is
> admittedly crude.
>
> If there's no built in option, at some point after the election I'll review
> my queries and post SQL here to look for specific ways to modify them to
> accomplish the desired result. This just popped up at the last minute when
> the client wanted to see interpolated on days where no data existed. We
> used this program two years ago and this year, and he was OK with "blanks"
> in the trend line. I'll get if fixed right later but for now have just
> forced it.
>
> Thanks--and I'll be back in touch!
>
> James
> www.james-mc.com
> Words To Live By
>
>
> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Bill Mosca <wrmosca@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > James
> >
> > Have you tried using Nz() in the queries to force a value if null?
> >
> > MyData: Nz([MyField],0)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bill Mosca, Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
> > http://www.thatlldoit.com
> > Microsoft Office Access MVP
> >
> > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=C4D9F5E7-BB03-4291-B816-64270730881E
> > My nothing-to-do-with-Access blog
> > http://wrmosca.wordpress.com
> >
> >
> > --- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, James McAlister <forums01@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > In Access 2010 I have a trend chart plotting percentage (y-axis) versus
> > > days (x-axis). This all works well except there are a couple of days
> > where
> > > there is no data, and there's a break in the trend line. This happens
> > > because I have my queries set up so as to show all days on the x-axis,
> > even
> > > when there's no data, and that's the way I'd like to keep it. In Excel
> > > there are chart options (such as interpolate) to automatically deal with
> > > missing data points, but I don't see such in Access.
> > >
> > > I'm on a very tight time constraint and am about to add a table to put in
> > > two days of "fake" interpolated data for this one final chart run before
> > > the election tomorrow. That will be OK with the client, but I may need to
> > > investigate a more proper approach later.
> > >
> > > So here's my real question now: is there a chart option that I'm just
> > > overlooking to deal with missing data automatically? And if so, where is
> > it?
> > >
> > > Thanks!!
> > >
> > > James
> > > www.james-mc.com
> > > Words To Live By
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar