Karen-
One thing I can think of it to base your reports on a query that uses the Left function to trim all the fields to their max length.
John Viescas, Author
Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
(Paris, France)
On Mar 5, 2015, at 7:47 PM, k2j1203@yahoo.com [MS_Access_Professionals] <MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Hello everyone. Thought I'd break the silence. Here's my problem. For a report that I send to the state, we are limited to a set number of characters in a field. The report is based off of a query. Normally I would limit the number of characters in the table design. However, in this situation I can't...or at least I don't think that I can. You see, the data in the underlying table updates every night writing a new table. Therefore property is going to reset itself each time. So, I was thinking that maybe I could limit the number of characters in the query since that doesn't change. However, I don't know how to do that.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Karen
__._,_.___
Posted by: John Viescas <johnv@msn.com>
| Reply via web post | • | Reply to sender | • | Reply to group | • | Start a New Topic | • | Messages in this topic (3) |
.
__,_._,___
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar