Kamis, 05 Maret 2015

RE: [MS_AccessPros] Limiting number of characters

 

Hello Karen

What about using the Left() function on your query:

TrimmedField: Left( [YourField], <max no or characters> )

Best wishes,
Graham

 

From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, 6 March 2015 07:48
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Limiting number of characters

 

 

Hello everyone.  Thought I'd break the silence.  Here's my problem.  For a report that I send to the state, we are limited to a set number of characters in a field.  The report is based off of a query.  Normally I would limit the number of characters in the table design.  However, in this situation I can't...or at least I don't think that I can.  You see, the data in the underlying table updates every night writing a new table.  Therefore property is going to reset itself each time.  So, I was thinking that maybe I could limit the number of characters in the query since that doesn't change.  However, I don't know how to do that.

 

Any thoughts or suggestions?

 

Karen

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Graham Mandeno" <graham@mandeno.com>
Reply via web post • Reply to sender • Reply to group • Start a New Topic • Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar