Stuart
I'll take a quick look to see what might be preventing you from changing your email of choice and post back.
Regards,
Bill Mosca, Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
http://www.thatlldoit.com
Microsoft Office Access MVP
http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/Bill%20Mosca-35852
My nothing-to-do-with-Access blog
http://wrmosca.wordpress.com
---In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, <saitchison@telkomsa.net> wrote:
Jim, Hi:
Thanks for your reply.
I did all this, and the Add New Email Text takes you into your general Yahoo account information from which you are able to add a new email address against your Yahoo profile.
However, before you do this, but once you have clicked on the pencil next to Identity, you get a screen that shows your Yahoo identities, and a list of existing email addresses you have already registered with Yahoo against your, with radio buttons to select your desired email address. You are then able to choose an email from this list of addresses as your new address for the group in question. Once you have selected your desired address you then click on Save.
I have already done this for another group of which I am a member, but when I try the same with the Ms Access group I get a message telling me that I am not allowed to perform this operation. I have made the assumption that there is a group setting which can be set for each individual group that is actually preventing me from making this change.
I can add as many new email addresses as I please, but of the specific group is preventing me from changing my email address for that group then adding new addresses will not help.
Incidentally, this change can also be made if you have signed in generally, and then select "Manage My Groups" on the left hand side menu. You then select Edit Groups (top right) on the subsequent screen, which shows a list of groups to which you are currently subscribed. On this screen I notice that the Ms Access group text is in a slightly different colour to the other groups that show, and it is for this one that I cannot alter the email address whichever way I try.
I have checked in a group of which I am the owner, and when you go to the group main screen you don't only have the membership drop down. You also have a Management drop down which contains various settings relating to the group. I have not yet fiddled around with these to see what effect they have as the group I manage is already set up the way I want, so I don't know which of these settings controls preventing members from changing their email addresses.
It seems therefore based on what I have done to date that the moderator or owner of the Ms Access group will have to set things up so that this change (changing email address) can be made by individual group members.
Regards,
Stuart Aitchison
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim Wagner
Sent: Wed, 12 February 2014 20:51 PM
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [MS_AccessPros] Changing email address
Stuart,
at the top right click Membership
Click Edit Membership
Click the Pencil next to Identity
Click Add New Email text
Sign In
You should be able to add another email address from there.
Jim Wagner
_____
Thanks for your reply.
I did all this, and the Add New Email Text takes you into your general Yahoo account information from which you are able to add a new email address against your Yahoo profile.
However, before you do this, but once you have clicked on the pencil next to Identity, you get a screen that shows your Yahoo identities, and a list of existing email addresses you have already registered with Yahoo against your, with radio buttons to select your desired email address. You are then able to choose an email from this list of addresses as your new address for the group in question. Once you have selected your desired address you then click on Save.
I have already done this for another group of which I am a member, but when I try the same with the Ms Access group I get a message telling me that I am not allowed to perform this operation. I have made the assumption that there is a group setting which can be set for each individual group that is actually preventing me from making this change.
I can add as many new email addresses as I please, but of the specific group is preventing me from changing my email address for that group then adding new addresses will not help.
Incidentally, this change can also be made if you have signed in generally, and then select "Manage My Groups" on the left hand side menu. You then select Edit Groups (top right) on the subsequent screen, which shows a list of groups to which you are currently subscribed. On this screen I notice that the Ms Access group text is in a slightly different colour to the other groups that show, and it is for this one that I cannot alter the email address whichever way I try.
I have checked in a group of which I am the owner, and when you go to the group main screen you don't only have the membership drop down. You also have a Management drop down which contains various settings relating to the group. I have not yet fiddled around with these to see what effect they have as the group I manage is already set up the way I want, so I don't know which of these settings controls preventing members from changing their email addresses.
It seems therefore based on what I have done to date that the moderator or owner of the Ms Access group will have to set things up so that this change (changing email address) can be made by individual group members.
Regards,
Stuart Aitchison
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim Wagner
Sent: Wed, 12 February 2014 20:51 PM
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [MS_AccessPros] Changing email address
Stuart,
at the top right click Membership
Click Edit Membership
Click the Pencil next to Identity
Click Add New Email text
Sign In
You should be able to add another email address from there.
Jim Wagner
_____
On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:31 AM, "saitchison@telkomsa.net" <saitchison@telkomsa.net> wrote:
This has nothing to do with MS Access directly, but would someone tell me how I can change my email address for this group, or why I can't change it? I signed in and went to "membership" and "Edit Membership" but when I try to change my email address I am told that I am not allowed to do so.
Stuart Aitchison
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
__._,_.___
| Reply via web post | Reply to sender | Reply to group | Start a New Topic | Messages in this topic (4) |
.
__,_._,___
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar