Bill-
Take a look at Allen Browne's Inventory database:
There are basically two ways to do it:
1) Keep inventory purchased and items sold separately and calculate the "on hand" on the fly using a query. The downside to this is after you have several year's worth of data, it can take a while to run such a query.
2) Maintain a separate Stock table to which you add and subtract entries as purchases and sales are "posted". It takes some complex code to do this — you have to use transactions to ensure that the change in Stock and the change in purchases or sales are posted simultaneously.
Allen uses method 1. In the Inventory sample in Building Access Applications, I show you how to do it with method 2.
and
John Viescas, Author
Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
(Paris, France)
On Mar 2, 2015, at 8:26 PM, 'Bill Singer' Bill.Singer@at-group.net [MS_Access_Professionals] <MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
I have a database for my son's small business. He is making custom snare drums and selling cymbals and drum heads.
I am wondering how to track inventory. I have a table of inventory item.
I have an invoice tracking for all the inventory item sold.
I have a purchase order tracking for all the stuff that is purchased.
What I do not understand it how to calculate "Inventory Balance on hand"
I am guessing it would be similar to a check book but I have not mastered that yet either.
Could someone explain the concept? Is it just a big long separate table with additions and subtractions?
Should I post inventory to the table based in the Purchase orders received and then subtract inventory based on Invoices sold. I was thinking of using an "Append Query" to update the table.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Bill
Minnesota.
__._,_.___
Posted by: John Viescas <johnv@msn.com>
| Reply via web post | • | Reply to sender | • | Reply to group | • | Start a New Topic | • | Messages in this topic (3) |
.
__,_._,___
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar