Senin, 02 Maret 2015

[MS_AccessPros] Inventory control

 

I have a database for my son's small business.   He is making custom snare drums and selling cymbals and drum heads.

I am wondering how to track inventory.   I have a table of inventory item.

I have an invoice tracking for all the inventory item sold.

I have a purchase order tracking for all the stuff that is purchased.

What I do not understand it how to calculate "Inventory Balance on hand"

I am guessing it would be similar to a check book but I have not mastered that yet either.

 

Could someone explain the concept?  Is it just a big long separate table with additions and subtractions?

Should I post inventory to the table based in the Purchase orders received and then subtract inventory based on Invoices sold.  I was thinking of using an "Append Query" to update the table.

 

Thanks for any help you can provide.

 

Bill

Minnesota.

 

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Bill Singer" <Bill.Singer@at-group.net>
Reply via web post • Reply to sender • Reply to group • Start a New Topic • Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar