John, I tried renaming the forms but that didn't work so I made another copy of the database and changed the original form to a single form and it works fine now. I hope I'm not jinxing myself but on my first try I didn't have the bug problem. If it does happen again I will try removing the images from the subform and place them on the original form somehow - they are there as a reference for the user. In our old fashioned paper version of this report the user just circles or x's the area on the actual picture. This was our way to make it work in a database.
Thanks for your help!
Jessica
On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:07 PM, "John Viescas JohnV@msn.com [MS_Access_Professionals]" <MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Jessica-
You have run into a nasty display bug in Access. Your list boxes and images appear duplicated in a grey area below the actual controls. I don't know what to tell you about how to fix that.
As for using the Tab control, the idea is to avoid making the form excessively long. If you don't put the two subforms on tabs, then you have to stack them one on top of the other.
Your "single view" form will work if you rename frmUOFMain to frmUOFMainOLD and then rename frmUOFMain2 to frmUOFMain. The Row Source of the cboControlWeapon combo box needs to find the value selected in the cboControlType combo box. Because the controls are on a subform (the Tab doesn't matter), the reference has to go to the outer form (frmUOFMain), then the subform. It fails when you try with your "single" form because the name of the outer form isn't what the Row Source is looking for.
There appears to still be a display issue, but it's manageable in the single form.
What is the purpose of the ImageFront and ImageBack controls? You can't see them in form view, so they appear to be useless. Maybe removing these controls (and remove them from the code as well) would fix the display problem.
John Viescas, Author
Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
(Paris, France)
On Jan 14, 2015, at 6:12 PM, hobackjessica@yahoo.com [MS_Access_Professionals] <MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Good morning all! I hope someone can help me.
I have created a database with a whole lot of help from all of you. I have a form with a tab control and on one of those tabs I have a continuous form. On this continuous form I have combo boxes that determine what other fields are visible. When I select the options that display my other fields and move on to the second entry, the fields from the previous entry cover the fields for the new entry making the form very confusing and difficult to use. I don't know how else to explain this problem but I will be uploading the database - "Use of Force - Copy".
The problem is on frmUOFMain on the Resistance/Control tab. If you choose a Control Type Used anywhere between Joint Locks and Leg/Foot Strike some images come up with the location labels beside them in a list box. These images and the matching list box are what are causing my issues.
On another note, maybe John Viescas, can help me here - I was hoping to eliminate the tab control to make the form more streamlined but I can't get these above mentioned combo boxes to work. I can't remember, John, if there was a reason we didn't do it this way to begin with. What I'm trying to accomplish is on a form labeled as frmUOFMain2.
Sorry to bother you with the same old stuff again. I'm afraid this project is only a small part of what I do and it got placed on the back burner the past few weeks.
Thanks for all your help!!
Jessica
__._,_.___
Posted by: Jessica Hoback <hobackjessica@yahoo.com>
| Reply via web post | • | Reply to sender | • | Reply to group | • | Start a New Topic | • | Messages in this topic (3) |
.
__,_._,___
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar