Malcolm-
A table in Access is NOT an Excel spreadsheet. It really doesn't matter the order of columns as long as all the data gets imported correctly. It's easy to create a query to put the columns back in the order you prefer.
I don't have an explanation as to why the columns aren't being imported in the same sequence as your spreadsheet, but the bottom line is it doesn't matter.
John Viescas, Author
Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
(Paris, France)
On Jan 17, 2015, at 6:44 PM, 'Malcolm Alberry' malcolm.alberry@btinternet.com [MS_Access_Professionals] <MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Hello,
I am starting off on the voyage of discovery learning 2010 Access, so please treat me with care!!!
I am retired with computing knowledge in the past and want to use Access personally for analysis of data .
Many years ago, I was reasonably competent at DB3, but with increasing maturity (77) that was a long time ago!!!!
I am trying to import an Excel CSV file, which has been converted to an Excel Worksheet both of which look fine.
The Excel Worksheet behaves correctly.
When I import the Worksheet for some reason one of the columns in the created Access Table is not in the correct place.
Everything looks ok up to and including the Primary Key screen with the column in the correct place.
But as soon as I "finish" the output table 9th column has moved to become the 6th column, with all other columns in their respective positions.
(Note: One of the Excel columns has numbers which are up to 5 digits and I have left this as type "double".)
I really have no idea why this should happen and has stalled me at this point.
I am sure I am doing something incorrectly, but cannot see what – just following the input screens sequence.
There is no error log created.
Any help really appreciated, please.
Regards.
Malcolm in Linslade UK.
__._,_.___
Posted by: John Viescas <johnv@msn.com>
| Reply via web post | • | Reply to sender | • | Reply to group | • | Start a New Topic | • | Messages in this topic (2) |
.
__,_._,___
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar