Toukey,
Depending on the requirements, were I to have a need to fiddle with an mde file when I didn't have its source, I'd first look at pulling the needed data into Excel where it could be manipulated at will. Then, once done, Excel ought to be able to update or add rows to tables in the mde file since data manipulation is readily permitted.
There's no reason why Excel can't throw up forms that are populated via the Access mde file. This isn't hard, once done. I frequently do it for clients when they want Excel's greater data analysis capabilities for their Access data.
Jeff
Depending on the requirements, were I to have a need to fiddle with an mde file when I didn't have its source, I'd first look at pulling the needed data into Excel where it could be manipulated at will. Then, once done, Excel ought to be able to update or add rows to tables in the mde file since data manipulation is readily permitted.
There's no reason why Excel can't throw up forms that are populated via the Access mde file. This isn't hard, once done. I frequently do it for clients when they want Excel's greater data analysis capabilities for their Access data.
Jeff
From: "toukey1" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
To: "MS Access Professionals" <MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:06:47 PM
Subject: Re: [MS_AccessPros] VBA to Macro?
---In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, <JohnV@...> wrote :
To: "MS Access Professionals" <MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:06:47 PM
Subject: Re: [MS_AccessPros] VBA to Macro?
Hi John,
I thought that I would have access to VBA in an mde so I copied the code from another database and thought that I could use it. Is there a way to get a macro to do what the code is doing?
---In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, <JohnV@...> wrote :
Toukey-
If you inherited an mde, where did you get the code? You can't define a macro in an mde, either.
Yes, it would be possible to convert to a macro, but why?
John Viescas, Author
Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
(Paris, France)
On Mar 11, 2014, at 9:39 PM, toukey1 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Is it possible to create a macro from the following VBA code? Inherited an .mde database and unable to use VBA.Private Sub DOB_AfterUpdate()
Dim ln As StringDim fn As StringDim lsname As StringDim dobth As DateDim varx As StringDim mes As StringDim nam2 As String
dobth = Me!DOBvarx = Format(dobth, "dd-mmm-yy")lsname = Me!Lnamenam2 = " And [fname] = '" & Me!Fname & "'"
ln = DLookup("[lname]", "Members", "[Members].[DOB] = # " & varx & " #")fn = DLookup("[fname]", "Members", "[Members].[DOB] = # " & varx & " #")
If Not IsNull(DLookup("[DOB]", "Members", "[Members].[DOB] = # " & varx & " #" _& " And [Lname] = '" & lsname & "'" & nam2)) Thenmes = MsgBox("Possible duplicate Applicant", vbOKOnly)
End IfEnd Sub
ThanksToukey
__._,_.___
| Reply via web post | Reply to sender | Reply to group | Start a New Topic | Messages in this topic (4) |
.
__,_._,___
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar