Minggu, 23 Februari 2014

Re: [MS_AccessPros] Formula in a query references to a value in an unrelated (unjoined) table.

 

Tim-


Since your t_OilGasConversion table has only one row, include it in all your queries with no links to any other table.  You can then reference your column "B" in any calculation in the query.

John Viescas, Author
Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications 
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals 
(Paris, France)




On Feb 23, 2014, at 4:39 PM, <timdbui@gmail.com> <timdbui@gmail.com> wrote:

Would any of you please help me with this problem:
I have a master table (t_reserves) that contains about 100 oil and gas companies and their respective reserve data.
From this table t_reserves, I create 10 separate queries, each for one year for these 100 companies. So the queries would be like: q_reserves_FY0, q_reserves_FY-1, q_reserves_FY-2,....to q_reservesFY-9. Each table would have 2 fields: col A: Ticker (text), col B: GasReserves (value).  Within these q_reserves queries, I have natural gas data for each of the companies.

On a totally separate table named t_OilGasConversion, I have 2 fields: col A O2GConversion (text), col B O2GRatio (value), which has one value of 6. This table has only 1 record with a value of 6 in col B.

How can I multiply the GasReservevalues in col B of  the queris q_reserveFY0,...to q_reservesFY-9 (GasReserves) to col B in t_OilGasConversion?

I can have all of the queries multiply by 6, but I want the flexibility of changing the value in table t_OilGasConversion to different numbers, say 10, 15 or 20--and have all of the 10 queries recalculated.

I can also create a Combobox in a form and have all of the queries referencing that form, but that requires me to open up the form for the queries to run.

I use the results from the above 10 q_reservesFY... to calculate other queries and populate different forms.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Tim Bui

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar