Hi Duane,
I don't remember the error, but it says some records got deleted after (compact and repair) or (ranaming and adding columns)
It also creates a small table with releted info, some 5 digit numbers
The strange part is that I noticed a duplicate record
The ID and data is on 2 rows
also some rows don't got a value for the ID and have "#######" in other fields
Thanks,
d
I don't remember the error, but it says some records got deleted after (compact and repair) or (ranaming and adding columns)
It also creates a small table with releted info, some 5 digit numbers
The strange part is that I noticed a duplicate record
The ID and data is on 2 rows
also some rows don't got a value for the ID and have "#######" in other fields
Thanks,
d
On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:58:37 PM, Duane Hookom <duanehookom@hotmail.com> wrote:
Daniel,
What is the error? Records are stored like marbles in a bag. There is no sort order unless you apply one through a query or other means. As long as the records are all still there, I wouldn't consider the behavior to be an error.
Duane Hookom MVP
MS Access
________________________________
> To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> From: daniel2478a@yahoo.ca
> Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:29:34 -0700
> Subject: [MS_AccessPros] auto number ID in table
>
>
>
> Hi All,
>
>
> my database is split in to front and back end, my primary ID is an auto
> number
> I can delete records but wont get them back, (or that ID), thats ok
> I noticed that when I do compact and repair then I end up with some
> errors, not sure how those occur?
>
> after that I notice that my ID is not in order anymore
> 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...
> turn into
> 6, 7, 8, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9...
>
> what can cause this?
>
> also is it safe to add and rename columns later to a database? (not
> changing data types)
>
>
> thanks,
> Daniel
>
>
>
>
What is the error? Records are stored like marbles in a bag. There is no sort order unless you apply one through a query or other means. As long as the records are all still there, I wouldn't consider the behavior to be an error.
Duane Hookom MVP
MS Access
________________________________
> To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
> From: daniel2478a@yahoo.ca
> Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:29:34 -0700
> Subject: [MS_AccessPros] auto number ID in table
>
>
>
> Hi All,
>
>
> my database is split in to front and back end, my primary ID is an auto
> number
> I can delete records but wont get them back, (or that ID), thats ok
> I noticed that when I do compact and repair then I end up with some
> errors, not sure how those occur?
>
> after that I notice that my ID is not in order anymore
> 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...
> turn into
> 6, 7, 8, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9...
>
> what can cause this?
>
> also is it safe to add and rename columns later to a database? (not
> changing data types)
>
>
> thanks,
> Daniel
>
>
>
>
__._,_.___
| Reply via web post | Reply to sender | Reply to group | Start a New Topic | Messages in this topic (3) |
.
__,_._,___
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar